Saturday, December 29, 2007

I've done quite a bit of work on the layout over the long Christmas break, most of it in the last couple of days.

I cleaned up and painted the sections of backdrop installed behind Glenrock--

After (the paint isn't quite dry yet):

I also started fabricating and installing the fascia for Glenrock --

The semi-rectangular holes will provide access to trains in Minneapolis Staging underneath Glenrock, once scenery is begun.

Obviously the fascia is still under construction. The edges of the access holes will be cleaned up, and the whole thing painted. I'm thinking wither black, sagebrush green/silver, or Wyoming earth tones.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Minneapolis Staging Yard Finished!

The last finishing touches - the east throat occupancy detectors - on the Minneapolis staging yard are finally done! Now it's on to installing the base for Thermopolis, finishing the backdrop for Glenrock, and adding fascia to the Glenrock benchwork (in front of the west part of Minneapolis staging). After that will come some real scenery!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Well, I've made progress on the last set of detectors for Minneapolis staging, but they're not done yet. They're mounted and the main cable, which arrived last Wednesday, is strung between the panel and the detector area. The cable is tied in to the control panel itself, but LEDs are not installed yet.

I'm hoping I'll have the installation finished by the end of this weekend, but with the holidays and borough business meetings and such, I'm not sure it'll happen that fast.

I just realized I never posted results of the election. I won, by three votes. I'll be sworn in on January 3rd.